Nursing is an art
And if it is to be made an art,
It requires as exclusive a devotion,
as hard a preparation,
as any painter’s or sculptor’s work ;
for what is the having to do with
dead canvas to do with
dead canvas or cold marble,
compared with having to do with the
living body- the temple of god’s spirit?
It is one of the fine arts ;
I had almost said
The finest of the fine Arts
- Florence Nightingale
Objective of Educational Programmes
- Basic Course in nursing is a formal educational preparation, which should be based on educational principles & to make students as an individual a citizens as well as nurse.
- The aim is to prepare nurses for first level position in nursing both in hospital & community to provide primary, secondary, tertiary health care.
- To make good understanding of basic scientific principles.
- To make a student skilled in good communication essential for learning & practice of nursing.
- To impart up-to-date knowledge to students & equip them with skills required for quality nursing care based on scientific principles.
- To develop an ability to plan and implement nursing care for health, prevention of diseases, rehabilitation and in meeting emergency situation.
- To develop an understanding of biologist & behavioral sciences applied in meeting the nursing needs of individual students.